Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Departed

I suffered a rather disappointing day, which is not great seeing as it comes after some rather encouraging rehearsals. I had two cast members quit the show on the same day. Something that is quite unfortunate because I barely have enough cast members to get by as it is. Each one had a good reason to leave but its hard not to be a little upset, especially after they signed performance contracts and committed to the show.

This comes after I lost 5 cast members immediately following auditions. I had cast everyone that came to auditions and every one of them left for reasons that basically equaled "I'm too busy to rehearse and perform this show." I understand that people are busy but seriously, if you're too busy, don't audition in the first place.

7 people gone out of a cast that was originally supposed to equal 12. I have no doubt that we'll be gaining a few more people in the near future but even this early in the rehearsal process this show is shaping up to be one of those where the entire cast isn't in the same room until opening night. I'm a bit more shaken than I once was, hopefully we'll see an improvement in week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment