Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1st Production Meeting

Last Friday, Katie, Keir Sarah and I met at Salt Lake Roasting Co. and spent an hour working on the master calendar. Our job was made very easy thanks to Katie who, due to her status as a ballet major, can get us rehearsal space in the Marriott Center For Dance. Therefore we'll be rehearsing two things at once during most of the rehearsal period, making us much more efficient.

We also ran into an interesting challenge this last week, it turns out that the University's insurance policy only covers accident/injury for students, faculty and staff. Due to the amount of cast members that are non-university students we are required to have third party insurance. Unfortunately I'm too poor to afford a short term insurance policy for 20ish people but thankfully a gentleman named John Corser came to our rescue. John owns a motion picture production company in Park City Utah and I interned for him while he was publishing the first edition of FilmUtah magazine. John's company has insurance that he pays for anyway, so he was able to stake my production thus providing me with the insurance I'm required to have. Don't let anyone tell you that interning is a waste of your time, when you do favors for someone, they'll do one for you.

Rehearsals start next week and Sarah and I are working on getting all of the paperwork together. I'm really excited to meet the cast and start working. It's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment